Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Just a fabulous trip down memory lane

After chatting a bit with a fabulous friend Brittles I had this urge to eat Bucca Di Beppo food. Mostly their amazing marinara sauce that came in a size to feed a large part of Africa and their amazing garlic cheese bread. So I started to investigate and came across something that just might have made a shift in the earth's tilt.

THE ORIGINAL BUCCA DI BEPPO
MARINARA RECIPE!!!


I wasn't sure if I wanted to share it, but with something so incredibly good why not! So for those who have eaten there and love their sauce here is the recipe to make in your own cute kitchen! ENJOY!!

BUCA'S MARINARA SAUCE

1/4 C olive oil
1 medium red onion, chopped
6 cloves garlic, chopped
2 28oz cans crushed tomatoes
salt to taste
3 T fresh chopped basil

Directions:

Heat olive oil over medium heat inside LARGE saucepan...or even a smallish stockpot (if you need to know how large of a saucepan you will need, pay close attention to the 52oz of crushed tomatoes that you will be adding!!!!!). Saute the garlic and onion in olive oil for 8-10 minutes. Add tomatoes and salt to taste. Bring to a boil, then turn heat down to low and cook for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and add fresh basil before serving.

Note: If you like sweeter sauce you can add 1-2 teaspoons of white sugar.

I am making this for dinner and I can't hardly wait. I am trying a new dough recipe to make killer garlic cheese breadsticks so we shall see how that goes, there may be a post later.

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOSH! THANK YOU for posting this recipe!!! I wish you were here cus Brit and Sarah and I are going on a girl date tonight.
    I will attempt this sometime this week though. Let me know how to night goes you better post your little Buca night!
    ps. I know your hella busy, but how is that pic coming?

    ReplyDelete