Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Bunnies, Birthdays, and CHOCOLATE!


This weekend was a complete success! My Mom was able to come up and spend Easter with us and we were able to celebrate her birthday Lewiston style... Not sure what that means but we gosh darn gone and did it.
My Mom flew in Friday at midnight and boy did she have an adventure on the ity bity plane. I was just glad she made it to me. Saturday was kind of a bust because I had to go into the hospital because my toothache decided to invade my gums. NOT FUN. I got some serious pain meds and some antibiotics and since then my jaw is movable and I can speak without a lisp.
The rest of Saturday we explored little Lewi.SIDE NOTE: I've decided to name our area of living and make it into it's own person. His name shall be Lewi Clark. Don't worry he's a swell guy!
Anyway... We explored the highlighted places around Lewi and had a great time. Then we stopped at Applebee's for dessert.
Sunday came along and Easter, sugar, and hyper babies were in the air.
I think he spots his basket...


Jayden Found Abuelita's Easter Basket


Jayden had an amazing time searching for his eggs around the apartment and demanded he have "just one canny"

from each egg. I shouldn't have used so much candy. We had a great breakfast and then headed out to James' parent's house.


We did another egg hunt in the yard and Jayden was ecstatic about finding more eggs in the grass. He continually made sure Velvet (the dog) was laying down so he could find his eggs.

We had our feast and had a great time chatting with family and being entertained by Jayden's sugar rush. Karen was awesome as usual and made Jayden a HUGE Easter bunny cake that was DELISH! She had ham, potatoes, yummy jello, asparagus, rolls... it was a FEAST! I of course could barely chew the amazing food but I managed cause I wasn't gonna let it go.





Karen and Bob got Jayden a super cute easter basket that Jayden absolutely loved! He still won't let me take his bunny away from him. He also got some really fun toys that he makes sure he knows where they are at all times or I'm in BIG trouble!



Monday Mom Jayden and I went out to a little cafe called Sage Baking Company. We had an awesome lunch. They had these incredible brownies with chocolate mouse instead of frosting. YUM!!! We came home to relax a bit and wait for James to get home from school. Then we met up at Red Lobster to celebrate my Mom's birthday. It was yet another incredible meal.

I'm glad my Mom could make it up this weekend. Jayden missed his Abuelita and loved seeing her! It's been a rough transition so it was nice to see her in our little home. THANKS MOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment