Saturday, April 10, 2010

If you follow the road you eventually come back to the house...

So after being here a solid month I am starting to feel like I know the place. I can get around the neighborhood pretty well and on occasion I realize I could have taken the other road to get to my destination faster. It all works out though. It seems that no matter what road I take, as long as it's not the freeway I end up in the same place I started.

Our little apartment is working nicely now that I know where I put everything I unpacked. We still struggle with the kitchen because there is literally NO counter space, which as most mothers, cooks, humans would know makes cooking incredibly complicated. I have managed to use the cutting board to close off one side of the sink and that helps but then when the sink fills up on the other side things get tricky.

Jayden is getting more used to going to "school" now and looks forward to seeing Keicia, his "teacher". She also happens to be our landlord and one of my friends so it's extremely reassuring to have her there. Jayden calls her "My Keicia" and gets his pretend phones and calls her all the time. I think he will bring some challenges when it comes to him dating... NOTE TO SELF: don't give Jayden a real cell phone.

James is getting excited to graduate and the last leg of school is testing his patience. I wish he could be done too! He is still waiting to hear from his boss about the location of his training program, but hopefully we will stay here in Lewsiton. We shall see.

I haven't found a job quite yet but I'm slowly getting side jobs for design work so that's been nice to have something coming in.

All in all this place is wonderful, friendly, and there are so many amazing people here. I'm glad I'm close to James and it's exciting to be "testing each others boundaries" you can ask James what that means, he's the one who said it.

Here's the favorite picture of the week:

No comments:

Post a Comment